PROFESSOR FODAY SAHR
The Acting Vice Chancellor – University of Sierra Leone
Microbiologist with an interest in the study of clinical outcome of diseases.
BSc,Ed. BSc Hons. M.B.ch.B., MSc. DSc FWACP(MED. Lab.)
- 2016 – Present – Professor of Medical Microbiology, COMAHS USL
- 2012 – 2016 – Associate Professor, COMAHS USL
- 2008 – 2013 – Senior Lecturer, COMAHS USL
- 2000 – 2008 – Lecturer COMAHS USL
UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
- 2012 – 2013 Acting Provost, College of Medicine and Allied Health Sciences, USL
- 2008 – 2012 Dean, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine and Allied Health Sciences, USL
- 2007 – Present Head of Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine and Allied Health Sciences, USL
MILITARY ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
- 2016 – Present Surgeon General Joint Medical Unit – RSLAF
- 2008 – 2016 Commanding Officer, Joint Medical Unit – RSLAF
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- Published over 65 scientific papers in local and international peer review journals.
- Designed and implemented several research projects to study the clinical outcome of a number of diseases in Sierra Leone including malaria, Tuberculosis, HIV, Lassa fever and Ebola Virus Disease.
- 2015 – Special National Ebola Award – Gold Medal.
- 2015 – For service to West Africa Ebola Epidemic – University of Oxford.
- 2012 – National Award, Commander of the Order of the Rokel (COR)
- 2010 – President’s Award for Diligent Service
- 2009 – All Works Of Life, National Achievements Award – Military Officer of the year.